Facts about Niagara Falls: Helpful for youNew York | admin | March 4, 2010
Niagara Falls, a city in Regional Municipality of Niagara, Which is in southeastern Ontario, Canada, is actually a port on the Niagara River. This port lies opposite to the Niagara Falls in New York. This city dominates the Horseshoe, or Canadian, Falls cataract of Niagara Falls. The falls have crescent-shaped cataract and has 54 metres of height. What is more amazing is that the waterfall carries nine times more water than what carries by the United States counterpart. This article tells you facts about Niagara falls.
Niagara Falls is an extremely famous tourist destination that serves as a major source of electricity for Ontario. The city is linked to the US side of the falls through many bridges like the Rainbow, Whirlpool, and Queenston-Lewiston. Today, each and every people in this world are aware of this famous tourist destination, which covers 212 square kilometers of land area. The population of this wonderful place is day by day rising. But if you are planning to visit this magnificent and mind-blowing attraction of Niagara then check out some these facts about Niagara Falls. This will help you a lot.
- Niagara Falls is of 12,000 years old.
- These falls were created when the melting glaciers has formed enormous fresh-water lakes.
- Today, Niagara River flows at a distance of nearly 35 miles per hour.
- You will get two different waterfalls to see – the American Falls and the Canadian Horseshoe Falls.
- The combination of height and water flow makes the Niagara Falls stunning.
- Niagara Falls has some man-made attractions like Maid of the Mist, Table Rock Scenic Tunnels, Spanish Aero Car, Ripley’s Believe it or Not Museum, Marineland, Casino Niagara, IMAX Theatre, and the new Butterfly Conservatory.
- In the year 1959, the face of Niagara was changed when English Wax Museum of Louis Tussaud was opened.
- The nighttime illumination of Niagara Falls draws most of the tourists to enjoy the spectacular event for the entire day.
- The word Niagara has derived from the word onguiaahra, which means a thundering noise.
- A movie has also been filmed at the Niagara Falls in the year 1952.
- Before the erection of Statue of Liberty during 1886, the Falls of Niagara were the symbol of America and the New World.
Niagara Falls has been targeted as a must-see attraction for every visitor who visits North America. So make some special days in your life by checking out the facts about Niagara Falls.